Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rocky Mountain Solitude and the International Space Station

One of the things I was hoping to do while I am here in Steamboat was to view the passing in the sky of the International Space Station. With no city lights, this place would be a perfect spot to watch the station.

I had the opportunity to see the station while I was on my fishing retreat in OR. We were all out around the campfire during one of our sharing times and one of the women had an alarm go off. She apologized for the disruption but explained that the alarm was set because it marked the time the station would be viewable in the sky.

We all watched and sure enough the station appeared; it's pretty darn big and it moves pretty fast and it's a lot closer to the earth than I imagined it would be. I was fascinated. I wonder how many people see the station and call it in as a UFO, it sure looks like one with it's blinking lights.

Unfortunately the station has been passing over Steamboat in the early morning; if you'd like to see when the station is viewable from where you are, here's a link:


You won't see many pictures of me today because I didn't bother to do my make up. I finished some projects today. One of my projects was to shorten my sister's blinds in her kitchen and laundry room. You know those kind of white plastic blinds that come way too long for the window? Well I am a master at shortening them and taking out the unneeded slats that just get in the way. I told hubby I should do a YouTube How To on those suckers. Most people give up and just deal with the extra slats and cord that gets tangled, but not me!

The other project I finished was the repair of the quilt; here are some pictures of the tear, the patch and then the finished repair up along the top border. I couldn't hide the boo boo completely, but it blends in pretty well and makes this cute little quilt usable again.



 I had to do everything by hand, which was fun. My sister had enough supplies for me to work on the patching job.

The dogs and I took a nice long walk today; I will share a few pictures I took on the walk:

Are they not the most adorable animals ever?


My sister said I needed to wear an orange vest when I go out walking or biking. I just do what I'm told, but apparently there must be a bunch of Beaver fans here in the woods of Colorado and they must be testy buggers because apparently they will shoot you if you're not wearing orange:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment