So after I walked the dogs I went back and it's clear these kittens belong to a feral mother. What do I do? If you know me, you know I love animals and do not want these kittens to grow up wild and unneutered and unspayed.
So I tell the people in the clubhouse and they tell me I can call animal control to pick up the kittens. They also inform me that if the kittens are too young they will be put to sleep immediately. NO!!!!
So I call animal control to ask how big the kittens need to be before they will attempt to adopt them out and not kill them. The guideline is two pounds; these kittens do not weigh 2 pounds yet.
So I guess I will be feeding these kittens and when they are big enough I will call animal control. What I really want to do is catch the babies and keep them where I know they will be safe, but this probably isn't practical.
I have caught 5 blue gill fish with my rod; I threw them all back but here's a picture of my largest one:
As luck would have it there is a fly fishing expo near me so tomorrow I plan to take my rod there and get some tips from the pro. Never thought I'd be excited about going to a fishing expo!
I have seen my first gators! I didn't see them where I fish, I saw them in a pond/lake in the town of Celebration. I've been there twice and like it; it's like a poor man's Disney because it has these fakey pretty buildings but you don't have to pay admission. They have a great path around the lake where I can walk the dogs. Here are my gator pictures:
Don't worry, they are only about 4 feet long; they are babies.
On our walk the other day, I saw a beautiful flower and I'm a sucker for taking pictures of these beautiful creations:
I'm also including another picture of where we are staying; for a gated community there is a lot of wildlife; for example last night we saw an armadillo!
HI Julie,
ReplyDeleteWow, you are in Florida now!
That is wonderful.
Yes, I can give you lots of pointers with the Neocolor II crayons when you are ready.
Great to hear from you....
LuAnn