Today the dogs and I decided to pack a lunch and go on a little adventure 'seeking grace in every step we took'. This is a line from the song 'Rocky Mountain High' by John Denver. One of the other lines in that song is 'I've seen it rainin' fire from the sky'; frankly I always thought John threw that line in either because he was 'Rocky Mountain High' himself or just needed a line that fit.
Well today as we ventured into the off roads around Lizzy's house I discovered what I think John met. It is the height of color in the aspen trees here and today it was quite windy. As I watched the wind whip through the aspens, the golden falling leaves reminded me of the line in John's song. Perhaps it was the color or the glistening; most aspen leaves are a brilliant yellow, but occasionally you find groupings of aspens that have orange leaves. The combination of the bright yellow and the bright orange coming down seems to be an appropriate metifore for the words of the song.
If I could capture today in some manner and share it with you I would; it was a combination of the peace, the sun the wind and the colors. Here are the photos I would like to share with you; maybe you too can see it 'rainin' fire in the sky' here in Colorado.
As for the rest of the day, I did some cleaning in my sister's house, which is the least I can do for her letting me stay here. Ever notice how it's so much more fun to clean someone else's house?
Later I edited a video for my mom; while all the sisters were together we video taped a message to our mom. I added a little slide show and now it's ready for me to copy to a DVD to send to her. I think she will really like it.
Tomorrow we will leave Steamboat and head to Ft. Collins to Lizzy and Dave's other house. So it's time to hit the road again and leave this little piece of heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment