On Saturday, October 16, we attended the annual Cherokee Pignic in Canton, GA. Boy oh boy could you smell the BBQ in the air! Yummy stuff; but I just can't figure out why I'm not losing weight on this trip?????
They even had deep fat fried creamed corn, now that's a new one in my book.
We walked around the Pignic and I even took part in the cake walk; I haven't done that for years and it wasn't like the old time ones where you walked and then they called out a number and if you were on the number you won. At this one you bought tickets with numbers on them. I didn't win a cake, but perhaps that was for the best.
On display were some really interesting old pieces of equipment. There was an old steam engine pump that was running and then a fantastic display of old washing machines. Here are some photos of hubby filming them in action:
The Pignic stop was a nice little stop in the south for us. I love hearing the southern accents and seeing families enjoying the day. When we got off the highway on our way to the Pignic, we must have passed 5 Baptist churches. Most of the AM radio programs were religious in nature.
We stayed in Tifton, GA Saturday night and today we arrived in Florida. First stop? To see my mom:
We rented a place very near Disney World; I'll have more info on that later!
No comments:
Post a Comment